The Canadian Amyloidosis Support Network, Inc., is committed to improving survivability and quality of life of amyloidosis patients in order to:
- Promote amyloidosis disease awareness in the medical community so it can be recognized earlier and appropriately treated;
- Provide patient education, advocacy, support groups and resources;
- Support high-value research projects.
CASN’s website amyloidosiscanada.org offers useful information to patients and caregivers:
- Credible and current amyloidosis publications presented in patient-friendly language
- Links to treatment centres and other support groups
- National and international amyloidosis resources
- Announcements of group meetings (virtual and face-to-face)
- Links to current clinical trials, as well as other important information
Board of Directors
Jim McWhinnie, President and Treasurer
Keith Dares, Secretary and National/International Representative
Anne Marie Carr, Director
CASN provides a Facebook Group for member interchanges: (1) CASN – Canadian Amyloidosis Support Network Inc. | Facebook
CASN uses Twitter to alert followers of breaking news, new information and updates: Amyloidosis Canada (@Amyloidosis_CA) / Twitter
Our Support Network
Our support network volunteers help patients, caregivers and families stay informed about new treatments becoming available, survivorship concerns and quality of life issues.
All CASN activities are operated and supported entirely by volunteers. Our major source of income is from contributions made at our website; we obtain additional income through fundraisers, patient memorials, legacy gifting, etc.. All donations fund our mission to promote awareness, offer patient support, and assist with research. CASN is a registered charity (Charitable registration #85343 1583RR0001); tax receipts available for all donations.